WAUKESHA — HAWS, the Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha County, Inc. announces an October full of fun – and fundraising – for pets and their people.
Don’t miss HAWS Homecoming ‘10, Saturday, October 16 at Olympia Resort! This football-themed gala benefits the animals and people assisted by HAWS and the programs and services provided by the shelter. The “Big Game” features “fan”-tastic food, a live auction led by WKLH’s Marilynn Mee, silent auction, the Homecoming Court of adoptable pets, a festive parade complete with floats and a balloon burst with hundreds of prizes for guests to win. Relive memories of past Homecomings while dancing to tunes by Music on the Move. Even watch UW vs. Ohio State at the event – and purchase $20 raffle tickets win the 42” LCD flat-screen TV in the Big Game Raffle. Raffle tickets are also on sale at HAWS up until the event.
HAWS Homecoming tickets are available for $50 each through October 9th. To purchase call 262-542-8851 or log on to www.hawspets.org – look for the cheerleading cat for more information. An online contest to win VIP tickets runs until October 9th, as do specials for HAWS adopters that feature VIP tickets. VIP tickets and sponsorships are also available.
Highlights on our schedule for the month of October:
- Patricia McConnell, Ph.D. will speak at HAWS on October 7th – registration is required.
- Victoria Papa from Cats International will speak at HAWS on October 14th.
- Pet Photos with Santa will be taken on October 23rd & 24th.
- Our monthly First Aid for Pets class is October 23rd.
- Caring for Your Horse if the Unexpected Occurs will be discussed October 28th.
- Various 6-week canine obedience classes begin throughout October.
- Featured Mobile Adoption Center stops this month include Boston Store at Brookfield Square on October 9th & Petco-Waukesha on October 17th.
Details, locations and registration (as needed) for all programs and classes can be found at www.hawspets.org. Click on our “Upcoming Events” link.
HAWS, a non-profit organization established in 1965, assists over 6,000 animals each year and welcomes more than 31,000 human visitors to our shelter annually. As an “open admissions” shelter HAWS assures sanctuary for animals in need, while offering educational programs and services to promote responsible pet ownership and prevent animal abuse. The shelter is located at 701 Northview Road in Waukesha , Wisconsin . For more information call (262) 542-8851 or log onto www.hawspets.org. Friend us at “HAWS Waukesha ” on Facebook !