2010 CANINE DOCK JUMPING
Superintendents: Larry Schroeter & Todd Oilschlager
Dates Daily Jumps Final Jump Off
Monday, August 9
Tuesday, August 10
Wednesday, August 11
GROUP A: Jump Times 10 am – 1 pm
GROUP B: Jump Times 2 pm – 6 pm
If your dog loves the water try canine dock jumping at Wisconsin State Fair! The free standing pool is a 32′ long by 16′ wide by 4′ deep and the pier is 28’ long by 5’ wide. Dogs are encouraged by their owners; State Fair’s experienced staff and the crowd to jump off the dock to retrieve a favorite floating fetch toy. Dogs will not be forced to jump by owners or staff.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1)All beginner and experienced jumpers are welcome. All participants and exhibits will receive the best care and protection the surroundings will afford, but they are at all times subject to the owner’s risk.
2) Entries: Entries, with the proper fees, must be submitted to Wisconsin State Fair prior to July 15th. Entry forms must contain complete information including dog’s name, breed and age. Entries without proper information will be returned. All participants must purchase admission tickets to get in to the Fair and pay for vehicle parking (if choosing to park at the Fairgrounds). There are no refunds of entry or admission fees. See “Open General Rules and Regulations” on http://www.wistatefair.com. A receipt and letter will be sent after entries have been received detailing where to enter the Grounds to drop off dogs and where to move vehicles to park along with additional information.
3) Each day will be broken down into competitions which will begin hourly: 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm,4 pm, 5 pm and 6 pm. Participants must list their preferred day and competition times (Group A: 10 am – 1 pm or Group B: 2 pm – 6 pm) on the entry form. Exhibitors will be notified of scheduled jump times at least oneweek in advance of the competition.
4) Dogs must be current on vaccinations for distemper, bordatella and rabies. Additionally, dogs must be free frominfections, parasites, contagious or transmissible diseases.
5) Dogs are allowed two jumps per competition with a limit of 6 jumps per day. Dogs which qualify for the Final Jump Off will be allowed two additional jumps in the Final Jump Off. Dogs are allowed 90 seconds per jump. A jump refusal is considered one jump. The two dogs which jump the farthest distance from the pier in each competition will qualify for the Final Jump Off each day. The Final Jump Off will begin at 7 pm. There is no entry fee for the final Jump Off. The top three winners of the Final Jump Off must complete a W-9 and return it to the Superintendents before leaving or prizes will be forfeited.
6) Participants must check in backstage at least 15 minutes before their scheduled competition. Dogs not checkedin prior to the competition start time will not be allowed to jump and entry fees will not be refunded.
7) Dogs are not permitted outside of the dog jumping area (Poultry/Rabbit Barn and potty area). All dogs must beon a six foot leash at all times (no retractable leashes). A supervised kennel area will be available from 9 am to 8 pm, but participants must provide their own kennel (crate) and other dog care supplies. Only dogs in a crate will be allowed in the kennel area.
8) Wisconsin State Fair staff reserves the right to interpret all rules and regulations. Decisions of the Superintendents are final.
ENTRY CLOSING DATE:
JULY 15thLate entries accepted pending Superintendent’s approval
Jumps: $10.00 per competition (2 jumps per competition)
All late entries: $15.00 per session
Entries will not be considered unless accompanied by full remittance and entry forms.