WAUKESHA — March, 2010 — The Humane Animal Welfare Society (HAWS) of Waukesha County, Inc. takes “March” and spring” literally, with several exciting Mobile Adoption Center events and many great activities!
HAWS’ Mobile Adoption Center brings adoptable animals out into the community. This month’s special events include:
- Take your dog with you (really!) to the Milwaukee Admirals Dog Day Afternoon on Sunday, March 7th – HAWS benefits from each ticket purchased using the special code “HAWS” when ordering online, or buy your tickets through Brian at the Admirals office (414-227-0567) and tell him you want your donation to go to HAWS!
- Make a Spring Break Splash on March 19-20th – at K-9 Splash Center in Oconomowoc. Bring your pup to play in the pool and support the HAWS cause, too! Registration required, call 262-569-9540.
- Good Harvest Market in Waukesha is holding a special sales day for HAWS on March 27th – 5% of purchases made that day will be donated to the shelter, and HAWS’ Executive Director Lynn Olenik will lead a discussion on choosing the right pet and pet care tips.
Get Lucky…or Fido or Fluffy, HAWS annual adoptathon/St. Pat’s Day party will be on Saturday, March 13th from noon to 3:00 pm. People and pets are welcome to join us at HAWS for fun, games and treats! Details at www.hawspets.org.
Don’t miss a minute of the action at HAWS:
- TTouch for Little Critters is Sunday, March 6th – pre-registration is required.
- The Friends of HAWS hold their monthly meeting on Wednesday, March 10th.
- HAWS volunteers will do small animal pedicures at Pet Supplies Plus on Wednesday the 10th and at the shelter on Saturday the 20th.
- Learn First Aid for Pets on Saturday, March 27th.
During the month of March we also have several FREE behavior seminars for dogs, puppies AND cats, and we’re enrolling for all three levels of our dog training classes. Information on all of these events is available at www.hawspets.org or by calling the shelter at 262-542-8851.
Looking ahead: Our 27th Annual Pet Walkathon is coming on Saturday, May 1st – raise funds on foot or online!
HAWS, a non-profit organization established in 1965, assists over 6,000 animals each year and welcomes more than 31,000 human visitors to our shelter annually. As an “open admissions” shelter HAWS assures sanctuary for animals in need while offering educational programs and services to promote responsible pet ownership and prevent animal abuse. HAWS is located at 701 Northview Road in Waukesha , Wisconsin . For more information call (262) 542-8851 or log onto our website at www.hawspets.org.