The Humane Animal Welfare Society (HAWS) of Waukesha County, Inc. welcomes fall with a full calendar of activities, classes, events and visiting hours. Construction on the shelter continues; our expanded and remodeled facility is on track to be completed in early 2010.
Highlights on HAWS’ schedule for the month of September:
- Various 6-week canine obedience classes, which will begin on September 1st.
- Volunteer Orientations – offered on September 8th, 13th and 30th.
- The Friends of HAWS monthly planning meeting is on September 9th.
- Guinea Pig and Rabbit Pedicures are available for a donation on September 9th and 19th.
- Our monthly First Aid for Pets seminar is on September 12th.
- We’ll be “Solving Common Canine Behavior Problems” with a free seminar on September 14th.
- “Dogs Have Owners, Cats Have Staff” is presented on September 17th.
- The Tellington Touch Workshop for Companion Animals takes place on September 20th.
- Learn all about cavies at our “Guinea Pig Primer” on September 27th.
- Each Saturday in September our Mobile Adoption Center will be on the road at various locations throughout Waukesha County , showing off our great adoptable pets!
Details, locations and registration (as needed) for all programs and classes can be found at www.hawspets.org. Click on our “Upcoming Events” link.
Don’t miss HAWS annual fall fundraising gala, this year titled “Men at Work” to celebrate our ongoing facility expansion construction. Admission and raffle tickets go on sale September 1st; more information, including details on VIP sponsorships, is available at www.hawspets.org.